Mission, Vision, Core Values
Freedom for Youth Ministries empowers youth across Iowa through the love of Jesus Christ to break bondages, discover their God-given talents, and lead transformed lives.
To unite the Christian community to reach out to our youth in Iowa and empower believers to demonstrate their love for Jesus through sharing their time and talents with the youth we serve.
Freedom for Youth Ministries believes:
- We are saved by faith in God's only son, Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus' blood, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for forgiveness of sin. Therefore, God freely offers salvation to those who place their faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1:7; John 3:16-18)
- The salvation of humanity is completely a work of God's free grace; it is in no way the result of human works or goodness. Each person can receive salvation by placing their faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe that the entire Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God and that people were moved by the Spirit of God to write the very words of Scripture. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Proverbs 30:5)
Freedom for Youth Ministries will work to:
- Share the gospel of Jesus Christ as the foundation of true renewal and hope in life. Unite churches that also focus on Jesus, His death and resurrection, empowering them to serve as they are called.
- Love all people unconditionally as Christ did without regard to race, history, or current condition.
- Offer a safe and loving ministry for youth, volunteers, and staff that produces spiritual growth.
- Operate a ministry that honors God and is above reproach in its fiscal responsibility, integrity, and commitment to the community.
To view our complete statement of faith, please click here.
Ready To Get Involved
I love to work with people who believe that the best way to effect change is to just jump in and do it. Our kids come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, much of which is incredibly unkind. To involve yourself in the life of another and to witness the change God makes as a result of simply caring for these "little ones" is truly life changing. Paul tells us that we, as God's workmanship, were created for good works and as a Freedom volunteer, we just jump in and do it. God receives the glory, the kids find love and respect, and we get to be a part of the thing -- it doesn't get any better than that.